At your initial visit, a thorough review of your medical and dental history is completed by Dr Meyer, followed by a comprehensive dental exam; which will include the following:
- Examination of diagnostic x-rays (radiographs): Essential for detection of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss. X-rays also help determine tooth and root positions.
- Oral cancer screening: Check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: Check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of teeth: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay wear, fractures, erosion, drifting and mobility.
- Examination of existing restorations: Check current fillings and crowns for structural integrity.
- TMJ & Occlusion: Evaluation of the bite, temporal mandibular joints, rule out functional problems of the muscles and/or joints in relation to the bite and teeth (wear, fracture, mal-alignment, mobility).
In this visit, the patient is encouraged to relay their expectations and concerns regarding their dental care to Dr Meyer. This will help her devise a treatment plan that will fit the patient’s individual needs, yet fulfill our goal of providing the utmost dental care.